Below is a list of documents that are required when you apply for a new home mortgage.

However, every situation is unique and you may be required to provide additional documentation (or less documentation in the case of FHA and VA Streamline programs).

If you are asked for more information, please provide the information requested as soon as possible.
It will help speed up your home loan application and underwriting process.

Your Property:

• Copy of your signed Colorado purchase & sales contract including all riders,

• Verification of the earnest money deposit (copy of original check and copy of the bank statment showing where the check came from and cleared your account), and

• Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all Realtors, Builders, and Home Owner’s Insurance Agents.

Your Income:

• Copies of your pay-stubs for the most recent 30-day period for all borrowers,

• Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years for all borrowers,

• Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years for all borrowers,

• Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years, and

• Provide full Federal and State tax returns with all support docs for the last two years.

If you’re self-employed or receive commissions or bonuses, interest/dividends, or rental income:

• Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (please provide complete tax return including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.),

• K-1’s for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (please double-check your return. Most K-1’s are not attached to the 1040.), and

• Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater.)

If you will use Alimony or Child Support to qualify:

• Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of all alimony or child support funds for the last year.

If you receive Social Security Income, Disability or VA benefits:

• Provide award letter from the specific agency or organization.

Source of Funds and Down Payment:

• Sale of your existing home – provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence (at closing, you must also provide a a copy of your Settlement/Closing Statement),

• Savings, checking or money market funds – provide copies of bank statements for the last 2 months,

• Stocks and bonds – provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates for the last 2 months,

• Gifts – If a gift is a part of your cash to close, provide Gift Affidavit and proof of receipt of funds, and

• Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation.